Fulham have been charged with failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during their 2-1 Championship loss to Bristol City on Saturday.
The Cottagers felt Neeskens Kebano was fouled in the box in the 93rd minute, but referee Jeremy Simpson did not award a penalty.
It led to heated exchanges with Stefan Johansen and Tom Cairney being booked.
Fulham have until Friday (13 December) to respond to the charge.
Cardiff remain without injured keeper Neil Etheridge (hamstring), so Alex Smithies is likely to return in goal after Joe Day’s Carabao Cup appearance.
Winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing could also be absent for Friday’s visit of Fulham with an unspecific knock.
On-loan striker Bobby Reid will be unavailable for the Londoners against his parent club the Bluebirds.
Midfielder Harry Arter could face his former team, but defender Denis Odoi is still a doubt with a knee problem.
- The past two league meetings with Cardiff and Fulham at the Cardiff City Stadium have ended 4-2 – Fulham won in December 2017 and Cardiff won in October 2018 by that scoreline.
- Fulham are looking to secure consecutive league wins over Cardiff for the first time since November 1996.
- Cardiff have lost just once in their past 12 Championship home games, winning 10 in the process (D1 L1).
- Fulham have won nine of their past 14 away games in the Championship (excluding play-offs), losing just twice (D3).
- Cardiff manager Neil Warnock has won seven of his 10 home Football League matches against Fulham (W7 D2 L1).
- Fulham’s Aleksandar Mitrovic has failed to score in his four league appearances against Cardiff, although he has provided two assists in those games.